Lithium iron phosphate is a lithium-ion battery electrode material with the chemical formula LiFePO4 (LFP for short), mainly used in various lithium-ion batteries. It is characterized by high discharge capacity, low price, non-toxic, and does not cause environmental pollution, but its low energy density affects the electric capacity.
Method for synthesis of lithium iron phosphate
The main production methods of lithium iron phosphate are the high-temperature solid-phase synthesis method liquid-phase synthesis lights. The most commonly used is the high-temperature solid-phase synthesis method; the product indicators are more stable.
solid phase synthesis method
(1) High-temperature solid-phase reaction method: At this stage, it is the most common and mature synthesis method. The use of nitrogen-protected push plate furnace, mesh belt furnace, rotary furnace sintering.
(2) carbon thermal reduction (CTR): synthesis method is simple, easy to operate, low price of raw materials. Suitable for large-scale production.
(3) microwave synthesis method: short synthesis time, low energy consumption, suitable for laboratory research.
(4) Mechanical alloying method.
Liquid phase synthesis method
(1) Liquid phase co-precipitation method
(2) Sol-gel method
(3) Hydrothermal synthesis method
Other synthesis methods
Discharge plasma sintering, spray pyrolysis, and pulsed laser deposition are also used to synthesize lithium iron phosphate.
The performance of a lithium-ion battery mainly depends on the positive and harmful materials; its safety performance and cycle life are incomparable with other materials. These are also the most important technical indicators of the power battery. 1C charge and discharge cycle life of 2000 times. Single battery overcharge voltage of 30V does not burn, and puncture does not explode. LiFePO4 cathode material makes high-capacity lithium-ion batteries easier to use in series. To meet the needs of frequent charging and discharging of electric vehicles. The advantages of non-toxic, non-polluting, good safety performance, a wide range of raw material sources, cheap, long life, etc., are the ideal cathode material for a new generation of lithium-ion batteries.