When QuickBooks Desktop tries to connect to the company file but can't communicate with the server for one of the following reasons, Quickbooks Error h202 appears.
- The hosting setup parameters are incorrect.
- Incoming and outgoing communication is blocked by the server computer's firewall.
- DNS server is in conflict.
- The IP address of the host system or server holding the corporate file is unavailable to QuickBooks.
- On the server machine, some internal QuickBooks services such as QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitor aren't running.
- The network data file (.ND) has been damaged or corrupted.