2.64% of the total world population belongs to Nigeria. Therefore, it is not a surprise that Nigeria is the most populated country in Africa with about 210 million people. Sadly, with an increase in population, the rate of diseases and illnesses also increases.
Though Nigeria does not have a specific surveillance system for foodborne diseases, there is a rise in food poisoning cases that result in hospitalization and eventually death. According to WHO, approximately 200,000 people die every year in Nigeria due to food poisoning that is caused by foodborne pathogens such as E. coli and Salmonella. Improper food processing, preservation, and services lead to food contamination which in turn leads to death.
Therefore, safety measures should be taken while preparing, handling, and storing food to prevent food-related diseases and illnesses. Whether it is just a farm or a seven-star restaurant, food products may come in contact with any kind of health hazard.
Food products go through a long journey to reach their desired destination. For example, from a farm to a factory to a restaurant and finally to the customer. Hence, it is important that the journey is safe and food products do not get contaminated in the process. Safety measures can be implemented to eradicate the risk factors in this journey.
ISO 22000 Certification in Nigeria
ISO 22000 in Nigeria is an international standard set by the International Organization of Standardization which specifically deals with food safety management. It is the responsibility of any Organization that belongs in the food chain, independent of its size or product, to minimize any catastrophic consequences of hazardous food products and services.
ISO 22000 Certification in Nigeria benefits all. From producers to retailers to consumers, everyone can be benefited from the implementation of these requirements.
Many standards come under the ISO 22000 family but ISO 22000 is the most prominent one. It is a general derivative of the ISO 9001 standard. ISO 22000 is more procedure-based compared to 9001 which is process-based. The first edition of the ISO 22000 standard was published in the year 2005 and the latest revised edition was published in 2018.
ISO 22000 Certification in Nigeria will provide a layer of trust that reassures consumers of your products thereby helping organizations improve their business performance and expand their products globally.
Benefits of ISO 22000 in Nigeria:
ISO 22000 in Nigeria has numerous benefits, some of them are:
- Global recognition- ISO 22000 certification will help expand your business and products worldwide.
- Increased credibility- builds more trust in the products and services provided by your organization.
- Improved business performance- better safety measures will help your overall business run more effectively.
- Better supplier relationship- ISO 22000 in Nigeria will help you maintain a healthy relationship with the suppliers and stakeholders.
- Improved customer relationship- the certification will build customer’s trust in your product and help with overall business revenue.
- Reduced food safety-related expenses- reduction in the expenditure on safety hazards.
- Up to legal standards- With the ISO 22000 Certification, your organization will in compliance with the legal standard for food safety.
- Competitive edge- ISO 22000 will help you stand out in international trade.
- Resource optimization- your business resources can be well-organized by complying with the requirements of the ISO 22000 standard.
Gain a competitive edge now!
If you want to benefit from ISO 22000 standard, then you can get your Organization ISO certified. Even though we say ISO Certified, ISO does not provide certifications. It is provided by external Certification bodies. Therefore, you need to find a reputable third-party certification body that can help you obtain the certification.
We, at FINECERT, have an excellent team of ISO Consultants who can help Organizations obtain any ISO certification according to the organization’s requirements and timeframe. Our ISO 22000 cost in Nigeria is affordable and we have a transparent and time-effective approach to dealing with our clients.
Why Pick Us?
We have a global presence and provide continual support even after the certification process is completed. We hope to have a long relationship with Organizations by providing yearly audits and renewals.
To find out more about ISO certification and consultation in Nigeria, you can write to us or request a quote at email@example.com or visit our website www.finecert.com to discover all the ISO certification and services we provide in Nigeria.