Anyone who has used Microsoft Word to edit text on a computer is familiar with it. Microsoft Word is the most used tool by students, teachers, writers, and anyone else who deals with text files regularly. Microsoft Word was released for Windows OS 36 years ago. It is now available for all other operating systems.
Word, like any other program, can sometimes freeze or stop working. People who suffered from sudden crashes were often devastated. They lost hours of work and had to wait until auto-save arrived. Although data loss is no longer an issue for most people, constant lags can be annoying. microsoft word won t open on mac The following sections will help you fix common Microsoft Word problems
Microsoft Word keeps crashing on Mac
Word can crash when saving a document. This could result in important data being lost and files being corrupted. This isn't a common occurrence and can occur if Office Suite is down, or if the installation was not completed correctly. Sometimes, however, it can be caused by system problems and it is up to you to fix them. Here are some suggestions:
- You must ensure that you have the correct hard drive name.Windows has placed restrictions on the names of hard drives, which limits Mac's freedom. Word may have issues if your HD name falls outside the allowed range. Open Disk Utility to ensure that your Mac's drive names start with a letter. It should not contain special characters.
- Eliminate the auto-saved versions.All the documents you have saved automatically to your Mac are stored in a folder. This can cause Word to crash over time. This folder can be cleared out to resolve the problem. Start Finder by clicking on Go in the top navigation bar. Next, select Go to Folder from the drop-down menu. Type in~/Library/Containers/com.Microsoft.Word/Data/Library/Preferences/AutoRecoveryHit Enter to continue the path. You can delete the contents of this folder
- Reset Preferences.Click on Word to open it. SelectPreferencesSelect the drop-down menu. Go mobile locations select the section you wish to edit and click "Templates for UsersSelect " from the drop-down menu. Next, click the reset click the button. Restart your Mac
- Run First Aid.Repair Macintosh HD with Disk Utility if you suspect that there are more serious problems with your internal disk. To open Spotlight, press Control + Space and search for the tool you want to open. Next, choose Macintosh HD in the sidebar. Click on theFirst AidAndRun
- Run in Safe Mode. This is an excellent way to troubleshoot issues with Windows and macOS. Start Safe Mode on a Mac by restarting the computer and holding down the Shift key until the computer starts to boot. Log in normally, then test the problem. You will see the Safe Boot identifier at the top-right corner of your screen.
- Reinstall Microsoft Office.If your previous installation did not go as planned, this is the last resort. Open the Applications folder in Finder and close all Microsoft Office apps. Drag each Office Suite app to Trash. Go to AppStore to reinstall the Suite.
Word is frozen on Mac
The rainbow spinning beach ball will appear when your Mac is working on a difficult task or multiple tasks at once. It is quite common and usually disappears in less than one minute.
It can be a problem if the spinning ball is visible while you are using Word. Let's find out how to free Word from freezing on Mac.
Let's take a moment to understand it. Older MacBook owners will be familiar with the fact that slower systems are not uncommon. If your Mac is "coming to the middle age", then you may also experience these lags.
If you are unable to wait, you can force the app to quit or restart your computer.