When you get a new Spectrum router, the first thing you must do is to change the default password Wi-Fi network name. It will make it more difficult for malicious hackers to breach your network and steal personal information, like your bank details. So, here is how you can follow the spectrum wifi password change procedure and make it your own.
HOW TO CHANGE SPECTRUM WI-FI NETWORK NAME & PASSWORD ?
If you want to change your Spectrum Wi-Fi name and password, then open a web browser and enter the Router’s IP address into the address bar. You can find the Router’s IP address in the Router’s login section. Follow the further steps here:
- When you log in to your Router’s control panel, you will see an ADVANCED option. You will see that at the top of your window. If you do not see this, then you can skip the step. Next, you need to select the 2.4GHz or 5GHz WiFi panel.
- Then you need to click on the Basic Tab. You need now to enter a new network name in the SSID field. An SSID is another term for your network name.
- You need to remember to choose a name that you will remember. However, do not add any personal information, like your name or address, as other people can see the network name when they are within range.
- After that, you need to enter a new Wi-Fi password. Re-Enter your new password in the required field that follows.
- Now, finally, you can click apply. This option is located at the bottom right of the page. Clicking on that button will save all your changes.
Following the above steps will help you to change your Spectrum router Wi-Fi name and password.
Troubleshoot Spectrum Router Blinking Red
Now, some people report this issue regularly. If you encounter Spectrum Router Blinking Red, it indicates that the modem is not connected to the DSL modem. Only if the internet light turns into a solid green on your Spectrum router, then you can access the internet through the Router. To fix the issue, you can try some troubleshooting steps that are given below:
- First, you need to check whether you are using the standard Ethernet cables to connect your network devices such as Router, modem, and PC.
- Then make sure that you have securely plugged the Ethernet cable into the LAN and WAN ports.
- Now, you have to check the power adapter of the modem as well as the Router. Then verify whether you have selected the compatible network frequency in the router settings.
- You need to try restarting the spectrum router to check if the spectrum router blinking red is resolved.
- Unplug the ethernet cable from the modem first and then turn it off. You can try reconnecting again.
Follow the troubleshooting steps given above, and you will be able to fix the issue with the spectrum router flashing red.