In rare circumstances, users might have to delete QuickBooks Online data and start from scratch when the users want to start fresh with a new QB data file after working on the same file for a longer time. Also, this situation might occur when there is some technical fault due to which you aren’t able to resolve while operating the QuickBooks Desktop application. And thus it creates a lot of confusion in your company file records that is difficult to figure out and leaves the users helpless. If you are also one of those who are looking for the stepwise instructions to remove the QBO data and start from scratch then go through the entire blog.
Getting issues while trying to clear QuickBooks Online Data and start from scratch? If yes, then don’t worry and reach out to highly certified experts to get the best possible assistance.
Stepwise Instructions to Delete QuickBooks Online Data and start from Scratch
Below we have listed two different conditions under which you would be able to remove your company’s account, which are as follows:
- If your QBO data is 60 days old or older.
- If your QBO data is less than 60 days old.
Condition 1: If your QuickBooks Data Older than 60 days
If the QuickBooks account that you are presently using is older than 60 days then QuickBooks won’t allow you to clear the QBO data due to the security reasons. Moreover, the main reason to prevent you from deleting the data is to keep your data secure from unauthorized access. However, if you still want to clear the accounts then the best way to do so is by cancelling the current subscription. After doing so, your QB company file data will not only be deleted but you also need to generate a new company file. Follow the steps below to cancel your existing account and then start a new company file.
Step 1: Cancel Your Current Account:-
- In the first step, select Settings followed by the Account Settings option.
- Soon after this, choose the Billing and Subscription tab and then click Cancel Subscription option.
- Now, you have to go through the instructions displayed on the screen to cancel the account without any interruption.
Step 2: Start a new company:-
- To begin with, go to the https://quickbooks.intuit.com/choose-country/.
- Thereafter, you are required to enter the login credentials correctly. Alternatively, you can also use the same user Id and password that you used to access the QuickBooks file.
- In addition to this, if you are using payroll services, then you have to sign up for payroll again within the Payroll menu.
Condition 2: If the Company Data is less than 60 days old
In case, you have just registered to your account or if you already have an account which is older less than 2 months then you can continue with the below listed steps. However, the below listed steps are only for the users using the QuickBooks Essentials, Plus, and Advanced subscriptions. Whereas, QuickBooks Simple Start users must follow the steps as mentioned earlier to cancel and start a new company. Moreover you must be aware of the fact that if you delete QuickBooks Online data and start from scratch, it won't cancel your QuickBooks or payroll subscriptions.
- In the first step, you are required to sign in to a QuickBooks Online account.
- Soon after this, change the URL to include /purgecompany.
- As a result, you will be displayed with a screen that provides a summary of the items to be deleted.
- Further, you need to type the word “YES” once the data gets deleted, and then select OK.
- Once the selections are completed, choose the Wipe Data.
- After the completion of the deletion process, you will be rerouted to your home page.
Summing It Up!!
Hopefully, we assure you that the stepwise instructions listed above will help you to Delete QuickBooks Online Data and start from Scratch. If you have any further query, then we suggest you to consult with our experts.